Meet the Interns: Timothy Allen, Website Designer

timothyallen_0_0Timothy Allen, Website Designer for Superstition Review, major in Writing for Literature & Film. He is a senior this semester.

Superstition Review: What do you do for SR?

Timothy Allen: I make sure the website is properly formatted and looks good, and that all of the content from our various authors and artists is properly displayed.

SR: How did you hear about or get involved with Superstition Review?

TA: This is my second semester at SR. I heard about the class through an e-mail last year and thought it sounded interesting for experience, since my intent–back then–was to possibly get into website designing as a career.

SR: What is your favorite section of SR?

TA: I would have to say Art, because it takes more creativity and work on my part to get it all displayed properly; it’s logistically interesting.

SR: Who is your dream contributor to the journal?

TA: Stephen King. There isn’t much to say about him that you don’t already know, except that he’s a master at what he does.

SR: What was the first book you remember falling in love with and what made it so special?

TA: The Wizard Children of Finn by Mary Tannen. I just liked the way the story took two kids from this ordinary world and put them in a somewhat extraordinary one.

SR: What are you currently reading?

TA: I’m currently reading the 5th book in the Death Gate Cycle by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman, and will also soon be starting on the Rose of the Prophet trilogy by the same authors.

SR: Do you write? Tell us about a project you’re working on.

TA: I am currently (after a seven-year hiatus) starting to work on a couple of fiction novels again. One, about a little boy who learns that he can sing miracles into existence, and another about a group of people who’ve decided they’ve had it with America’s “decline” and move off to an island to start a new, better society.

SR: Tell us about an art project you’re working on.

TA: I’m currently designing and building three other websites besides SR, including my own site at Angel Author, a site for a business idea that my friend has for Blast’n Beans, and a site for my capstone project in my major.

Follow Me

Superstition Review

Superstition Review is the online literary magazine produced by creative writing and web design students at Arizona State University. The mission of our journal is to promote contemporary art and literature by providing a free, easy-to-navigate, high quality online publication that features work by established and emerging artists and authors from all over the world. We publish two issues a year with art, fiction, interviews, nonfiction and poetry.
Follow Me