Where Are They Now?: Michaela Stephens

Michaela Stephens was a Senior majoring in Literature, Writing, and Film with a Creative Writing concentration and an intern for Superstition Review.

Superstition Review: Which issue did you work on with Superstition Review and what was your position?

Michaela Stephens: I helped with issue 5. I was the Submissions Coordinator.

SR: What skills did you take away from the experience?

MS: I learned how to better structure my workflow and how to motivate myself with a long-term schedule by producing weekly reports.

SR: Creatively, what are you currently working on?

MS: In terms of large projects, I’m sort of in between. As for small projects, I’m still writing for my blog, Scriptorium Blogorium.

SR: What are some of your career highlights after leaving SR?

MS: Submitting my senior project to a publisher and starting a seminary pre-service class. Oh, and getting hired at Chandler Gilbert Community College as a substitute writing tutor.

Follow Me

Superstition Review

Superstition Review is the online literary magazine produced by creative writing and web design students at Arizona State University. The mission of our journal is to promote contemporary art and literature by providing a free, easy-to-navigate, high quality online publication that features work by established and emerging artists and authors from all over the world. We publish two issues a year with art, fiction, interviews, nonfiction and poetry.
Follow Me

Latest posts by Superstition Review (see all)

5 thoughts on “Where Are They Now?: Michaela Stephens

• September 18, 2010 at 12:42 pm
    Permalink

Best of luck with the manuscript and congratualations on the job!

Reply
  • September 22, 2010 at 1:42 am
    Permalink

Michaela, I have a new-found respect for the role you played last semester now that I have ventured into the SR Gmail account myself. It’s good to hear you’re doing well!

Reply
  • September 22, 2010 at 7:54 pm
    Permalink

It’s really great to have some perspective on what I will be taking away from the SR experience. Thanks for sharing!

Reply
  • August 7, 2016 at 5:39 am
    Permalink

Love to know about these facts It’s really a great and useful piece of information. I am glad that you shared this useful information with us.I discovered your piece of writing from google Thanks alot for this
    Cheers

Reply