Poetry of Witness: Workshop

If you find yourself in or around the Tucson area, Pam Uschuk will be holding a political poetry workshop at the University of Arizona Poetry Center on September 19, 22 and 24th.

Follow Me

Superstition Review

Superstition Review is the online literary magazine produced by creative writing and web design students at Arizona State University. The mission of our journal is to promote contemporary art and literature by providing a free, easy-to-navigate, high quality online publication that features work by established and emerging artists and authors from all over the world. We publish two issues a year with art, fiction, interviews, nonfiction and poetry.
Follow Me

Latest posts by Superstition Review (see all)

8 thoughts on “Poetry of Witness: Workshop

• September 8, 2011 at 10:38 pm
    Permalink

This sounds very interesting. A course designed around this would be a good addition at ASU. Too bad I won’t be in the Tucson area.

Reply
  • September 9, 2011 at 1:25 am
    Permalink

Sounds fascinating…too bad it’s down south!

Reply
  • September 9, 2011 at 2:21 am
    Permalink

I wish I lived closer to Tucson. This workshop is about exactly the kind of poetry I’d love to write.

Reply
  • September 9, 2011 at 5:19 am
    Permalink

I find this concept very interesting. I think it would be very interesting to pay closer attention to the techniques writers (in fiction and poetry) employ to illustrate such topics as genocide and racism in a way that is not didactic, but rather, tells a story while also communicating a grander theme.

Reply
    • September 9, 2011 at 2:21 pm
      Permalink

I agree with you, there is a fine line when “witnessing”. You want the lesson to be the event itself, not the author’s opinion. This workshop looks very interesting.

Reply
  • September 9, 2011 at 7:10 am
    Permalink

I agree, this looks like an excellent event.

Reply
  • September 9, 2011 at 8:35 am
    Permalink

This workshop looks like an invaluable experience. I would be interested in hearing what participants think of it since I won’t be able to make it there myself.

Reply
  • September 12, 2011 at 6:45 pm
    Permalink

I’d love to see some of the poetry produced at this workshop. There certainly is a lot to “bear witness” on in today’s world.

Reply