Intern Highlight: Jake Adler

Art Editor Jake Adler is a sophomore at Barrett, the Honors College at Arizona State University pursuing a degree in Creative Writing. He has published poetry in both Lux and Marooned, two undergraduate creative reviews, and writes for The State Press as a bi-weekly opinion columnist. After graduating, Jake looks forward to traveling abroad and continuing to hone his writing craft before attending graduate school. This is his first semester at Superstition Review.

Click on the following link to listen to Jake share an excerpt from one of his short stories.

Jake Adler

Follow Me

Superstition Review

Superstition Review is the online literary magazine produced by creative writing and web design students at Arizona State University. The mission of our journal is to promote contemporary art and literature by providing a free, easy-to-navigate, high quality online publication that features work by established and emerging artists and authors from all over the world. We publish two issues a year with art, fiction, interviews, nonfiction and poetry.
Follow Me

2 thoughts on “Intern Highlight: Jake Adler

• September 28, 2011 at 9:58 pm
    Permalink

Nice to meet you Jake. Thanks for sharing your story excerpt with us! Where are you considering attending grad school?

Reply
    • September 29, 2011 at 9:30 pm
      Permalink

Nice to meet you too!

As for where, I’m really unsure still. I’m trying to keep all options open.
      My father is an English teacher at a high school, and he plans to retire the year I graduate, so we’re thinking about going to Italy together for a year (maybe more), where we have family, so that he can teach English over there and I can enjoy the ride.

If we end up staying, I’d go to graduate school somewhere in Europe, but if we return to the States, I’d really like to go somewhere in California or on the East Coast.

Reply