The 2012 New South Writing Contest will be held from December 1, 2011 through March 5, 2012. (Entries must be received or postmarked by midnight on March 5, 2012.)
Each year, New South awards $1,000 to a first place winner, and $250 to a second place winner in the genres of poetry and prose.
The 2012 New South Writing Contest will be be judged by Tom Hunley in the genre of poetry and Joshua Harmon in the genre of prose.
While we take the greatest care in handling your entries, we assume no responsibility for lost manuscripts. Only unpublished work will be considered. Simultaneous submissions will be considered with notification. All rights revert to author after publication. Current students, staff, and faculty at Georgia State University are not eligible.
New South publishes quality literary art promoting the work of emerging and established writers. New South holds no subject biases. The staff will select the best work regardless of style or genre. The final round of judging will be anonymous (the names will be removed from the manuscripts before the final judges see the entries). Judges from outside the staff will pick the winners from finalists selected by the New South staff.
Please send up to three poems, one short story, or one essay per entry fee. (Prose pieces should not exceed 9,000 words.) Whether it is submitted online or via the mail, each entry must include:
1) A reading fee of fifteen dollars ($15). Entry fee includes a copy of the Summer 2012 issue, which will contain the winning entries.
2) The submitter’s contact info, including telephone number, email, and mailing address, preferably contained within a formal cover letter.
*Visit Tell it Slant (http://www.tellitslant.com) for online submissions. Payment accepted via PayPal.
* Send your manuscript, along with a check or money order for $15 made payable to Georgia State University, to:
Campus Box 1894
Georgia State University
MSC 8R0322 Unit 8
Atlanta, Georgia 30303-3083
Latest posts by Superstition Review (see all)
- #ArtLitPhx: KJZZ Arizona StoryFest and Authors Showcase - May 20, 2019
- Contributor Update, Hannah Brown: ‘Look After Her’ - May 19, 2019
- Contributor Update, Rodrigo Franzão: María Elena Kravetz Gallery - May 18, 2019