SR Pod/Vod Series: Poet Karen Skolfield

Each Tuesday we feature audio or video of an SR Contributor reading their work. Today we’re proud to feature this podcast and vodcast by Karen Skolfield.

Karen Skolfield lives in Massachusetts with her husband and two kids and teaches travel writing at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. She is a contributing editor at the literary magazine Bateau and her poems have appeared in The Adirondack Review, Apple Valley Review, Boxcar Poetry Review, Conte, Memorious, PANK, RATTLE, Slipstream, Sugar House Review, Tar River Poetry, Valparaiso Poetry Review, and others.

You can read along with her poem in Issue 8 of Superstition Review.

To subscribe to our iTunes U channel, go to http://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/superstition-review-online/id552593273

Follow Me

Superstition Review

Superstition Review is the online literary magazine produced by creative writing and web design students at Arizona State University. The mission of our journal is to promote contemporary art and literature by providing a free, easy-to-navigate, high quality online publication that features work by established and emerging artists and authors from all over the world. We publish two issues a year with art, fiction, interviews, nonfiction and poetry.
Follow Me

2 thoughts on “SR Pod/Vod Series: Poet Karen Skolfield

• November 11, 2012 at 12:51 am
    Permalink

My favorite stanza of this poem is most definitely the last one.

While I was listening to this podcast, I mistakenly pictured Karen as the speaker in the poem, and in those few seconds, Karen’s voice seemed to fit perfectly as the speaker’s voice, which made me feel like the poem itself was speaking directly to me. Once I shook that off, and I listened to the podcast one more time, the last three lines still evoked a sadness within me.

Wonderful reading!

Reply
    • November 11, 2012 at 9:57 pm
      Permalink

It was a wonderful reading wasn’t it! It’s amazing how powerful hearing the poetry out loud is.

Reply