Sign Our Guest Book

We welcome your thoughts about Issue 10 and about our new design. Leave us a note.

Follow Me

Superstition Review

Superstition Review is the online literary magazine produced by creative writing and web design students at Arizona State University. The mission of our journal is to promote contemporary art and literature by providing a free, easy-to-navigate, high quality online publication that features work by established and emerging artists and authors from all over the world. We publish two issues a year with art, fiction, interviews, nonfiction and poetry.
Follow Me

Latest posts by Superstition Review (see all)

48 thoughts on “Sign Our Guest Book

• November 30, 2012 at 9:05 am
    Permalink

Beautiful! I really love the custom social media buttons. It seems as if every aspect of the magazine has been recreated to be aesthetically pleasing- the blog! I didn’t know the blog too! So clean and easy to maneuver. The change from the previous design and this new design marks how far s[r] has come in the past five years.I’m excited to continue seeing s[r]’s progress and to seeing the work that s[r] editors bring to their readers in the future.

Congrats, T and Issue 10 staff! =)

Steph

Reply
    • November 30, 2012 at 12:21 pm
      Permalink

Aren’t the buttons great? Thanks to Zach Hillenbrand for all of his work on those. I’m glad you like the blog too. We think it’s pretty. Thanks for all your work, Steph.

Reply
  • November 30, 2012 at 9:40 am
    Permalink

I had a pretty good idea what the new site was going to look like, but it turned out better than I imagined! It is so clean, professional and modern. I think I could stare at it for hours..wait, with the new Issue out I probably will! Also, I was so excited to see the links to other lit blogs and magazines. What a beautiful way to build community and encourage literary participation. Great work everyone!

Reply
    • November 30, 2012 at 12:22 pm
      Permalink

It really did exceed our expectations too. Enjoy reading and let us know about your favorites.

Reply
  • November 30, 2012 at 9:57 am
    Permalink

What a gorgeous site. Congratulations on a resoundingly successful redesign!

Reply
    • November 30, 2012 at 12:22 pm
      Permalink

Thanks so much Katie. You do such wonderful work with The Southeast Review your words make us especially happy.

Reply
  • November 30, 2012 at 9:59 am
    Permalink

Absolutely love the new look! It’s fresh, current, and so very cool. I love the flash media on the home page, the covers for previous issues. It’s modern while still being classic. It took a lot of hard work from many people to get this up, so I say ‘Congratulations’ to all – the magazine definitely reflects our efforts.

Reply
    • November 30, 2012 at 12:23 pm
      Permalink

Ashley, that’s just what we were going for. I’m glad you like the look. Congrats to you, since you did a great job.

Reply
  • November 30, 2012 at 10:04 am
    Permalink

Good job! I love the variety of stories & poems!

Reply
      • December 10, 2012 at 1:55 pm
        Permalink

Superstition Review is of our age, yet beyond it. I prefer the writings found within it to most other literary magazines. There is a new guard approaching and finding its voice here.

Reply
        • December 11, 2012 at 8:13 am
          Permalink

We really appreciate the feedback John. We work hard to gather the best writing possible.

Reply
  • November 30, 2012 at 11:47 am
    Permalink

The new design is gorgeous! It really brings out the artistic content of the magazine. It looks hip and professional, and clean, making it so appealing to the eye. I’m so impressed and I’m so happy for you Trish!

Reply
    • November 30, 2012 at 12:24 pm
      Permalink

Thanks Christi, and thanks so much for your work. We could not have done it without you.

Reply
  • November 30, 2012 at 12:13 pm
    Permalink

When I wrote the three poems you’ve published I knew that yours was my first choice site. Thanks for using material that is non-standard in form and a little creepy in content.
    I am more than pleased with how it all looks and with the great writers in fiction and poetry that you’ve included in this issue.

Reply
    • November 30, 2012 at 12:25 pm
      Permalink

Deborah thanks so much for your kind words. We’re happy to feature your poems. We enjoyed reading them in the submissions process, and are glad they’re here to read again whenever we wish.

Reply
  • November 30, 2012 at 12:28 pm
    Permalink

Looks so beautiful! I’m very excited to be part of the family!

Reply
  • November 30, 2012 at 12:34 pm
    Permalink

When I woke up this morning, my first thought was, “Superstition Review’s new issue and redesign!” I grabbed my phone, went to the site, and was not disappointed. It’s beautiful and sophisticated. Great job, everyone.

Reply
    • November 30, 2012 at 12:37 pm
      Permalink

At first I read that you WERE disappointed and my heart dropped. Glad to re-read that you were NOT disappointed! Thanks for all your work Rikki.

Reply
  • November 30, 2012 at 1:01 pm
    Permalink

The redesign is fantastic! I love how fresh and bright everything looks. The journal covers are great, and I love how the banner for twitter is a peacock. Looking forward to the Launch Party tonight!

Reply
    • November 30, 2012 at 1:35 pm
      Permalink

Thanks Carly! That’s just what we were going for–fresh and bright. Glad you like the peacock. We thought it was a good touch too!

Reply
  • November 30, 2012 at 1:26 pm
    Permalink

Well done SR! A site that all involved with can be proud of because of its beauty,
    ease of use, links, and social media! Keep the creativity coming! I am quite happy
    and proud to be part of this family!

Reply
    • November 30, 2012 at 1:36 pm
      Permalink

Michael, thanks for your kind words. We’re really pleased that all of the hard work paid off.

Reply
  • November 30, 2012 at 3:14 pm
    Permalink

Everything looks beautiful! Such a user friendly and beautiful interface. I love the personalized social media buttons.

Reply
  • December 1, 2012 at 12:03 am
    Permalink

Oh my goodness. I dig the redesign so much.

Reply
  • December 1, 2012 at 3:02 am
    Permalink

Congratulations on the terrific redesign and a great launch party! So proud of my students who’ve worked on SR.

Reply
    • December 1, 2012 at 2:51 pm
      Permalink

We’re really glad you could come Steph! Thanks for the support and for sending great students our way.

Reply
  • December 1, 2012 at 6:41 am
    Permalink

Wonderful work on the new website! I’m so proud of the redesign. I think this will launch Superstition Review to new heights. Well done, everyone!

Reply
  • December 1, 2012 at 9:26 am
    Permalink

Wonderful site. Wonderful editors. Great experience! Thanks for including my essay in Issue 10.

Reply
  • December 1, 2012 at 12:33 pm
    Permalink

So pleased to be in this issue and love the clean, bright look of the site- bravo!

Reply
  • December 1, 2012 at 3:10 pm
    Permalink

The layout is stunning, and I’m so enjoying the writing in Issue #10. Thanks for letting me be part of this. Trish and Harrison, it was great to work with you.

Reply
    • December 1, 2012 at 3:41 pm
      Permalink

Thank you Bud! We’ll be using your description “she was an exposed nerve in a dress” in conversation for years to come! Love your essay. Thanks for sharing.

Reply
  • December 3, 2012 at 11:55 am
    Permalink

Hello! What a beautiful publication. This is the first time I had submitted to an online literary review, and I am so thrilled at how beautiful everything looks, and it is so delightful to be able to actually have people read the work (instead of leaving it on their bedside table for, like, three months!) Thank you so much for providing this space for all of us.

Heather

Reply
    • December 11, 2012 at 8:06 am
      Permalink

Heather, we’re so happy to have your work. Isn’t it true that it’s easier to share your writing this way? Our contributors and readers love the ease of use.

Reply
  • December 6, 2012 at 10:10 pm
    Permalink

Like what everyone else said, the redesign is amazing. I was excited to see it when I first heard that it was in the works!

What I really enjoy is how the new design is still flawless and easy to navigate, especially on an iPhone!

I’m extremely proud of our magazine and feel so honored to be a part of it!

Reply
    • December 11, 2012 at 8:07 am
      Permalink

Mai-Quyen, thanks for noticing! Our designer worked hard to make the site adaptable on all devices.

Reply
  • December 8, 2012 at 7:19 pm
    Permalink

The new look is fresh and exciting and compliments all the work so well. There is so much talent showcased in the magazine, not only in the work published works from our amazing contributors, but also within the finer details of the site itself that demonstrate the immense talents of all the interns and everyone else that worked to make the magazine what it is today. I am so proud that I was able to be a part of Superstition Review! 🙂

Reply
    • December 11, 2012 at 8:08 am
      Permalink

Evan, you played a huge role and you should be very proud! I hope you enjoyed your crash course in Drupal.

Reply
  • December 16, 2012 at 9:10 pm
    Permalink

A grand Huzzah to S[r]. You guys rock! (It’s great fun, you know, to combine Renaissance English with what’s hippish today. Kudos to you for all things new! Write on!)

Reply
  • February 26, 2013 at 4:54 am
    Permalink

I think the design looks fantastic. The old site design was very functional and wasn’t bad to gaze upon but this new design really makes the words and art shine. Great job!

Reply
  • April 17, 2013 at 7:25 am
    Permalink

I really love this blog! I always discover something interesting. Regards from Spain!

Reply