Authors Talk: Sheila Squillante and Sherrie Flick

Sheila SquillanteToday we are pleased to feature authors Sheila Squillante and Sherrie Flick as our Authors Talk series contributors. Sheila and Sherrie were brought together by Superstition Review after they were both published in Issue 10.

Sherrie Flick

In this podcast, the duo starts with reading portions of their essays before discussing their story and the importance of literary friendship. Their conversation is filled with charisma, laughter, and camaraderie as they discuss the heartening feeling of knowing that you’re part of a larger world. As Sheila tells Sherrie, “Every time I talk to you, I feel like this greater sense of possibility…because I’m not just one writer, one worker, one teacher in my little cube staring at the screen…I’m reminded that there’s this larger network.”

Sherrie parts with one last piece of advice: “Remember to be kind and you never know what’s going to happen.” Before they sign off, Sheila chimes in, “Make friends!”

You can read Sheila’s “Two Suicides” and Sherrie’s “Not Talking About Sage” in Issue 10.

Follow Me

Superstition Review

Superstition Review is the online literary magazine produced by creative writing and web design students at Arizona State University. The mission of our journal is to promote contemporary art and literature by providing a free, easy-to-navigate, high quality online publication that features work by established and emerging artists and authors from all over the world. We publish two issues a year with art, fiction, interviews, nonfiction and poetry.
Follow Me

Latest posts by Superstition Review (see all)

4 thoughts on “Authors Talk: Sheila Squillante and Sherrie Flick

• February 22, 2017 at 9:30 pm
    Permalink

I love seeing friendships between creative individuals, especially writers! This podcast is wonderful and so fun!

Reply
  • February 23, 2017 at 10:33 pm
    Permalink

I loved listening to these ladies talk about their friendship. It makes me so happy to see writers bonding over their work. Also, both of their essays are great!

Reply
  • February 26, 2017 at 2:40 pm
    Permalink

What a beautiful piece on a meaningful friendship. Just what I needed to hear!

Reply