The Young Authors’ Studio is a free writing program for kids in grades 5-12, designed to bring young writers together to learn the ins and outs of writing in a wide variety of styles and genres. ASU mentors, taught by Wendy Williams, will lead 6 free writing workshops throughout the months of October, November, and December.
The mentors will guide the students through writing activities, and the program will hold a public Performance and Writing Gallery at the end of the semester. This opportunity is open to first-time writers or experienced writers – as long as they’re in grades 5-12!
The Parent Information Session will be held Saturday, September 30 from 9:30am to 10:30am in SANCA 130 on the ASU Polytechnic Campus (see map above, 7271 E. Sonoran Arroyo Mall, Mesa, AZ 85212). You can RSVP to the Parent Information Session through the Facebook group or by emailing email@example.com. They recommend that you RSVP as soon as possible because space in the program is limited!
The workshops are from 9:30am to 11:30am on the following dates:
- October 14: Narratives
- October 21: Music & Poetry
- October 28: Art & Writing
- November 4: Drama & Writing
- November 11: Genres
- November 18: Revision & Rehearsal
- December 2: Performance and Writing Gallery
Be sure to check this program out if you know any interested young writers!
- Guest Post, Beckett’s Babies Podcast’s interview with Daniel Olivas - April 9, 2021
- Issue 27 Virtual Launch Party! - April 7, 2021
- Tell Your Story, with Louise Nayer, a Two Part Zoom Class - April 5, 2021