Changing Hands and First Draft Book Bar (our wine and beer bar inside Changing Hands Phoenix) celebrate National Typewriter Day.
June 24 11am-6pm
Phoenix Changing Hands Bookstore
No plans for National Typewriter Day? On June 24, join us at First Draft Book Bar (the wine and beer bar inside our Phoenix store) to celebrate all things typewriter! We’ll host a public type-in, typewritten poetry on demand, a free screening of the documentary “California Typewriter,” and more. Bring your own typewriter and join the fun!
TYPEWRITER DAY SCHEDULE
– 11am-6 pm: Open Type-In
– 12p -12:30 pm: Speed typing contest
– 1pm-3pm: Poetry on demand
– 4pm-6pm: “California Typewriter” documentary screening
– All day: Typewriter-themed coffee drinks. Happy Hour extended until 4pm!
PARKING / LIGHT RAIL
- Don’t want to drive? Take the Light Rail! It lets off at the Central Avenue/Camelback Park-and-Ride, which has hundreds of free parking spaces across the street from Changing Hands.
Latest posts by Superstition Review (see all)
- #ArtLitPhx – Get Lit: Whose Gaze Is It, Anyways? with Rogelio Juarez - September 18, 2019
- #ArtLitPhx: Bilingual Conversation and Reading with Dolores Dorantes - September 16, 2019
- Contributor Update, Megan Harlan - September 14, 2019