Workshop Title: Three Easy Steps to Writing a Dynamic Short Story
The American Book Award-winning author of If I Die in Juárez hosts a two-part writing workshop for writers of all levels.
From the host: “Once upon a time, deep in a great dark forest, lived three bears. The beginning of one of the most beloved fairy tales on earth is about three bears and a little girl named Goldilocks. Stories that become part of our universal experience reveal the human heart. This workshop will zero in on what it means to write a dynamic short story.”
- Cost: $40, for two sessions: July 16 and 23.
- Register below or directly on Eventbrite.
- Refunds will not be issued within one day of the event.
PARKING / LIGHT RAIL
- Don’t want to drive? Take the Light Rail! It lets off at the Central Avenue/Camelback Park-and-Ride, which has hundreds of free parking spaces across the street from Changing Hands.
ABOUT THE HOST
Stella Pope Duarte is described by Jacquelyn Mitchard as a “magical weaver with a sure hand and a pure heart,” and praised by Ursula K. Leguin as an author who “will enlarge humanity.” Her works explore the human heart, revealing both dark and light. Duarte has won honors and awards nationwide, including a 2009 American Book Award, a Pulitzer Prize nomination, the Southwest Book of the Year Award, and a nomination to Oprah’s Book Sense list. She is a descendant of Irish and Mexican American parents, and was born and raised in the Sonorita Barrio in South Phoenix. Inspired to write by a prophetic dream of her father, she believes that writing, like love, begins within, or it doesn’t start at all.
Location: Changing Hands Bookstore, 300 W. Camelback Rd., Phoenix
Date: Tuesdays, July 16 and 23
Time: 6–8:30 p.m.
For more information about the event, click here.
- Stellar Alumni Series: Bojan Louis and Sara Sams - March 22, 2023
- Share Where You Write: Enter Our Giveaway! - March 21, 2023
- Jane Satterfield’s The Badass Brontës - March 20, 2023
You must log in to post a comment.