Four Chambers Press is so excited to celebrate their 5th anniversary, and they’d like to invite everyone to celebrate with them at their launch party on Saturday, November 18! The party will take place from 7pm to 10pm at the Hive (2222 N 16th St, Phoenix, AZ 85006).
Issue 05 features poetry and prose from a list of fantastic contributors: Eloisa Amezcua, Kristin Berger, Justin Bigos, Carl Boon, Marianne Botos, Shevaun Brannigan, Jefferson Carter, Alana de Hinojosa, Ryan Evans, Troy Farah, Joshua Gage, Sarah Gzemski, Todd Hawkins, Giancarlo Huapaya transl. Ilana Luna, Jabari Jawan, Alyssa Jewell, Diane Martini Richard, Alysse McCanna, Elizabeth McNeil, Jessica Mehta, Nicole Miyashiro, Greg Moore, Natasha Murdock, Emily Price, Sara Sams, Erin Stalcup, Sharon Suzuki-Martinez, and Elijah Tubbs.
Original Short Fiction by Phoenix’s Best Writers: Six local writers perform their best short stories for fiction fans. The Spillers are:
1. Keith Rawson, reading “Temporary Man of the House” Keith is the author of the short story collection “The Chaos We Know” (SnubNose Press) and coeditor of the anthology “Crime Factory: The First Shift.”
2. Troy Farah, reading “A Curious Animal” Troy is a regular contributor to the Phoenix New Times and Vice Magazine. 3. Ed Tankersley, reading “Until This Is Over” Ed is working on a novel and his work has previously appeared in Four Chambers Issue 2.
4. Leah Newsom, reading “On Walking Downhill” Leah is a recent graduate of ASU’s Creative Writing program and cofounder of the online journal Spilled Milk.
5. James David Nicol, reading “Wings” David has written two novels and is working on the third in the series.
6. Patrick Michael Finn, reading “The War in the Rack” Patrick’s short story collection From the Darkness Right Under Our Feet won the 2009 Hudson Prize and was named Best Book of 2011 by GQ Magazine Prize.
In the meantime, check out the Spillers After Show podcast, featuring exclusive interviews with the writers at www.spillersaftershow.com.
Crescent Ballroom is a 21+ venue, so review the entrance policies on their website. The event is free and will take place in the ballroom. You can join the facebook event via our events page. Spillers is cohosted by Robert Hoekman Jr and Brian Dunn.